My heart isn’t in it
This trying to be mean
I don’t want to do the
Things that I have seen

I feel I’m being forced
To do things I detest
But in reflection
I am doing my best

Not to be mean
Or nasty to others
But merely to find
Hidden things to discover

What is the purpose?
Of pushing this far
Just to see a reaction
From a distance so far

I say to myself
That one day it will stop
That I will be able
For this protection to drop

But who am I kidding
If not only me
For I look at my enemy
Who sees what I see

Until such a time
I must struggle on
To protect what is mine
If only for so long

At some point in this life
Some long distant future
My children will be able to see
That in their lives avoidance is the key

Until such a time
I continue the strife
Knowing that all children
My one day enjoy life