If the heart could choose the one to love
the one they call finger in a fingerless glove
would not the whole body close down no need
of the eyes no need of that frown
If the eyes could choose that one to love
Would we be safe from the heavens above
For look and you’ll see so many like me
Open and willing to hug away the tears
That say never you never give up
If the arms could choose that one to love
Would you still hold me would you give
Me that hug of reassurance to merely
Say forget about tomorrow let your troubles
Melt away
…………………………..
Will you not love me for the soul
That is within me that shines when
It thinks of your name or the joy
It brings to make my heart sing
And put an end to this game of life
The fuss and the strife of toing and
Throwing away
Will you not love me for the soul
That we share that notion of other
Of always being there when we are
Apart that consideration that says
To another don’t even start that
Game of make believe for my eyes
Are open you will not deceive that
Which is no longer mine for my heart
Has spoken and given as token all
That is considered divine