Did you not see me as I walked as your shadow
Going to those places you had already been
I followed in each and every footstep feeling
Knowing that we were both kin
Did you not feel me as I covered you
At times I knew everything that you would do
For I was your skin and at times reached there
And waited for you thinking where had you been
Did you not feel me as I flowed through your veins
Pumping flowing making us one and the same
I took a breath and you exhaled
We were one like a boat and it’s sail
Never going nowhere without the other
And yet both moving this way that way
To discover all that the seas had to share
Did you not miss me when I left you
Did you not feel me leave with that last
Breath of air as life said its goodbyes
Did you not hear the sound of my cries
Carried upon the winds
And shared in those tears that your eyes
Did bring to your cheeks as they were kissed
For the very that last time as life passed us by
How can you not know me how can you
Not remember for even in death we are one
And the same xx