Wednesday 15 June 2016

I’m waiting for my friend

https://43spiders.wordpress.com/2016/06/16/im-waiting-for-my-friend/


It’s not the distance we travel that makes life hard
It’s the people we carry and those we discard
For the heart and mind are limited and sometimes
We see others along the way and we ask do you
Want to come with me but you have you room
They say 
Hold on a sec I’ll see what I can do but then the
Choices are given to you do you carry more than
Your really meant to or lose another along the way
Wait here my friend someday I will be back for you
And on that journey we stay

Left behind on the side of the road, hungry sad lonely
And cold we wait for that other who the story did told
That this way they’d come again
Passersby catch our eyes
Hay you come with me to stay is demise
But lost and alone with distant eyes we say
I’m waiting for my friend
Don’t be silly you lonely fool promises are broken
That’s the golden rule and here you’ll be all alone

In the distance you can hear the cries
Some are hello’s and others goodbyes
And ever so often it appears to the eyes that
There’s other along that road
Distant and still almost like road kill they litter
The way ahead and behind
Maybe I should walk and try to catch up those
That have left me behind

As I walk I meet others I’ve seen before
How long have you been here where have
You been
Do you want me to carry you
Hop on and we’ll start our journey
Once more

No comments:

Post a Comment