Did it happen that way
Is my mind playing tricks on me
Are those truly the words you did say
Surely I am mistaken
You could not be so cruel
Or did you intend for my heart
And mind to be broken
No chance of repair for truly
You no longer care for me
For if you could see the shadow
That is left of me you would somehow
Change your mind
When they find me you will ask
Was it something I did or said
Was there some other way I could have
Acted that would not have resulted
In your being dead
Those questions you will ask merely
For self preservation and a farce
For you saw it in my eyes those
Cutting words and deeds bringing
My demise every closer
And yet you did not stop each
Pain each stab did bolster your
Resolve to finish me
To no longer see the glowing
Of my light for in your eyes
That devilish grin of the inevitable
End your thoughts would bring
To the smallness of my world
When my body they do bring from the
Depths of despair your back
You will turn without concern
As if I wasn’t there
For your coldness has spoken and
All hope was broken when you said
You no longer cared
There was no lie no last goodbye
For you were already empty
And lost now look upon my lifeless
Body now gone the only thing that
Could have repaired your brokenness of
Mind your heat you’ll soon find
Has gone the same way